Blog is closing

Please update your links to my new blog home.

http://texasmomquilts.wordpress.com/

Thank you!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cabbage Rose 2008 BOM - "Serenity Now!"

Yay! Another finished quilt top (will get it quilted ASAP).

The blocks are from the Cabbage Rose Quilting block of the month program from 2008-2009. They offer two colorways for each BOM - not a fan of Kaffe Fassett fabrics, so I went with the earth tone batiks option... very happy with the warm, yummy colors. I opted not to go with their finishing kit, but used a setting pattern they sent with the last block that just used dark & light batik FQ's plus a little yardage. I love the secondary pattern of the dark stars around some of the blocks.

Don't look too closely at the setting triangles/border or you'll see where I had to rebuild the fabric after I found out the hard way that my new sub-cut ruler is 6 inches wide... not 6 1/2 inches. Oops. I was already having a rough day at that point so the quilt will be named "Serenity Now!" in honor of the serene fabric colors and the extreme need for serenity I found while trying to recover from my cutting mishap.

1 comment:

Grandma Mary said...

Kathy, you did a magnificant job! I'm so proud of you!