Blog is closing

Please update your links to my new blog home.

http://texasmomquilts.wordpress.com/

Thank you!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

"A Little Christmas"

These are potholders I have made to donate as door prizes for our congregation's "Grandparents' Dinner," which will be happening this evening. I made 2 identical holders in each style to that people could get them as sets. I did not buy a single piece of fabric for this project (or even batting)--aren't fabric stashes wonderful! I have one little drawer in my fabric cabinet that is entirely dedicated to holiday/winter fabrics, so I had lots to pick from.


This is the same pattern as the table runner I made for fall. I like the way the novelty snowman fabric is highlighted by the very Christmas-y holly prints.


The tree is a single square from a wall hanging pattern I found in a book of holiday quilts. I added the red border (same fabric on the back) to make it feel more "Christmas-y."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job on these Kathy! I love the tree potholder!